As previously announced as part of the April 2018 Operations Release , we are requiring the setup of security cameras in all centers. This requirement is critical not only for the increased safety of your students and families, but also for the protection of the Mathnasium brand. Because of these reasons, many of our franchisees have already taken steps to add coverage in their centers as the compliance deadline is approaching.
Every Mathnasium Franchisee must have a security camera system that meets the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum of 2 cameras must be installed within your center (with 1 additional camera for each enclosed room, including enclosed offices, storage rooms, and hallways).
- Cameras must be clearly visible to allow for full coverage and monitoring of all activity in the main areas of the center.
- Video footage must be recorded during business hours and accessible for a continuous 30-day period.
We expect all franchisee camera systems to conform to these requirements by no later than December 31, 2018, including the following actions:
- If you do not currently have a security camera system in your Center: You must purchase and set up one that meets our minimum requirements as stated above.
- If you already have an existing camera system in your Center: You will need to ensure that it meets our minimum requirements. This may involve upgrading your existing system (i.e. adding additional cameras, adding recording service, and/or upgrading hard drive memory) or purchasing a completely new system.
- Plan ahead when evaluating which camera system best suits your needs and Mathnasium’s minimum requirements. We recommend using the “Cloud-based” camera recording systems (i.e. Nest Indoor, Arlo Q, or Amazon Cloud Cam).
- Review the Operations Manual  microsystem “Set Up and Manage Security Cameras” for further details on hardware and video recording subscription costs and guidance on camera setup as well as details on preferred vendor pricing.
- We will be measuring camera compliance directly through center visits conducted by our field team (SUS/FBCs).
Note: New centers are immediately required to purchase and set up a camera system per our minimum requirements prior to center opening. Resales for new owners must have cameras set up within 1 month from the date when ownership is transferred. This will be verified by the Start-Up Specialist team.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements or the setup of security cameras at your center, please contact your SUS or FBC. As always, you may also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org  if you have any additional questions. Thank you!